If you’re a brand new visitor to this website, you may be wondering, “whoa, where exactly do I get started on this awesome site?”
First, thank you for the compliment. And second, don’t worry–we’ve got you covered.
In fact, I’ve broken down the entire site into these simple, easy-to-digest categories:
- Buying a Turntable Based on Price
- Buying a Turntable Based on Prior Experience
- Buying a Turntable Based on Brand Recognition
- Buying the Right Equipment & Accessories
- Finding & Storing Records/Record Players
- Record Player Reviews
You can also catch me on YouTube on my newly launched Devoted to Vinyl YouTube channel! If you visit and end up subscribing to my channel, please leave me a comment on one of my videos letting me know you stopped by, so I can thank you personally.
1. Buying Based on Price
Interested in getting a wonderful new turntable but don’t want to spend more than your allotted budget? If so, check out these helpful articles:
- What are the Best Turntables Under $200?
- What’s the Best Turntable Under $300?
- What are the Top Turntables Under $500?
2. Buying Based on Experience
Are you a complete beginner to vinyl? Have you been listening to vinyl for a year or more and are finally looking to upgrade? Are you a devout audiophile looking for the best of the best? No matter your needs, we’ve got you covered with the following articles:
- What’s the Best Entry-Level Turntable?
- What are the Best Audiophile Turntables Under $2,000?
- Vintage vs New Record Players: Which is Better?
3. Buying Based on Brand
Are you interested in turntables made by specific brands? If so, well, we’ve delved deep into this topic in the following articles:
- What’s the Best Audio-Technica Turntable?
- What’s the Best Pioneer Turntable?
- Ranking the Best Crosley Turntables on the Market
- What’s the Best Pro-Ject Turntable?
4. Buying Equipment and Accessories
Okay, so you know you need a turntable. That’s the easy part, you say. But what about amplifiers? Or headphones? Or speakers? Well, please take a look at the following articles below to help you find exactly what you need:
- What are the Best Headphones for Turntables?
- What Are the Best Turntable Needles to Buy?
- What Are the Best Powered Speakers for a Turntable?
- What’s the Best Phono Preamp Under $500?
5. Buying Vinyl Records
Whether you love jazz, rock, or hip hop; obsessed with James Brown or can’t get enough of the Beatles, we give you our humble opinions on what vinyl records to buy and where to buy them.
- What Are the Best Colored Vinyl Records?
- Where to Find Cheap Vinyl Records
- Guide to the Best Rock and Roll Records
- What Are the Best Jazz Records on Vinyl?
- What Are the Best Beatles Vinyl Records to Own?
- What Are the Best Live Recording Vinyl Records?
- 30 Essential Vinyl Albums All Collectors Must Own
- What Are the Best Christmas Vinyl Records?
- Top 10 Best Classic Hip Hop Vinyl Records You Gotta Own
6. Buying and Selling Vinyl & Turntables
Researching a specific vinyl record or turntable is great, but do you know where to find them? Need to finally sell an old record player or vinyl collection? Do you wonder if it’s better to shop online or in person? Have you prepared for storing dozens and dozens 12 x 12 records? Please check out the articles below for more information on these subjects:
- How Best to Store Vinyl Records
- Where Can I Buy Record Players?
- Best Places to Buy and Sell Vinyl Records Online
- Where to Sell Vinyl Records Online to Make Money
7. Reviews of Turntables
Finally, please take a look at the interactive table below to view our individual reviews of record players, as well as our in-depth articles pertaining to playing, shopping for, storing, and cleaning records:
$ = $199 and under | $$ = $200 to $499 | $$$ = $500 and up
|Audio-Technica AT-LP60||$||★★★★||Fully Automatic|
|Audio-Technica AT-LP60 USB||$||★★★★||Convert Vinyl to CD or MP3|
|Audio-Technica AT-LP120||$$||★★★★||USB Direct Drive|
|Audio-Technica AT-LP1240 USB||$$||★★★★||USB Direct Drive/DJ Table|
|Clearaudio Concept Black||$$$||★★★★||Black Trim|
|Crosley C100A||$||★★★★||Adjustable Pitch Control|
|Denon DP-300F||$$||★★★||Fully Automatic & Manual|
|Fluance RT81||$$||★★★★||Built-in Pre-Amp|
|Jensen JTA 230||$||★★★★||Converts Vinyl to Digital|
|Marantz TT-15S1||$$$||★★★★||Solid Plinth Belt-Drive Design|
|Music Hall MMF 2.2||$$||★★★★||Moving-Magnet Phono Cartridge|
|Pro-Ject Debut III||$$||★★★★||Isolated AC Motor|
|Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC||$$||★★★★||8.6" Carbon Tonearm|
|Pro-Ject Essential II||$$||★★★||Low-resonance MDF Platter|
|Rega RP1||$$||★★★||Rega Carbon MM Cartridge|
|Spin-Clean Record Washer||$||★★★★||Two Washable Drying Cloths|
|Affordable Record Players||$||N/A||Discover Affordable Record Players|
|Are Crosley’s Bad?||$||N/A||Are Crosley’s REALLY That Bad?|
|Audiophile Turntables Under $500||$- $$||N/A||Find Audiophile Quality Turntables Under $500|
|Audiophile Turntables Under $1,000||$$$||N/A||Find Audiophile Quality Turntables Under $1,000|
|Audiophile Turntables Under $2,000||$$$||N/A||Find Audiophile Quality Turntables Under $2,000|
|Best Amplifiers||$ - $$$||N/A||Learn About Quality Amps for Playing Vinyl|
|Cheap Phono Amps||$ - $$$||Discover Phono Preamps Under $500|
|Best Audio-Technica Turntable||$ - $$$||N/A||Discover the Top Audio-Technica Turntables|
|Best Entry-Level Turntable||$ - $$||N/A||Turntables for Beginners Entering the Vinyl Hobby|
|Best Headphones||$ - $$$||N/A||Wonderful Headphones for Listening to Vinyl at Home|
|Best Looking Turntable||$ - $$$||N/A||Turntables That Are Aesthetically Pleasing|
|Best Pioneer Turntable||$ - $$$||N/A||Top Pioneer Turntables on the Market|
|Best Portable Turntables||$||N/A||Amazing Record Players That Are Portable|
|Best Pro-Ject Turntables||$$ - $$$||N/A||Excellent ProJect Turntables Worthy of Your Time|
|Best Speakers||$||N/A||Record Players with Built-in Speakers|
|Best Powered Speakers||$ - $$$||N/A||Powered Speakers That Pair Well with Vinyl|
|Best Turntable Brands||$ - $$$||N/A||The Top Turntable Brands Today|
|Best Turntable Needles||$ - $$$||N/A||Discover Some Amazing Turntable Needles|
|Best Turntable Under $100||$||N/A||The Best Turntables Available Under $100|
|Best Turntable Under $200||$||N/A||The Best Turntables Available Under $200|
|Best Turntable Under $300||$ - $$||N/A||The Best Turntables Available Under $300|
|Best Turntable Under $500||$$$||N/A||The Best Turntables Available Under $500|
|Best Turntable Under $1,000||$$$||N/A||The Best Turntables Available Under $1,000|
|Best USB Turntables||$ - $$$||N/A||Turntables That Also Have USB-Capability|
|Bluetooth Turntables||$ - $$||N/A||Record Players That Connect to Bluetooth Speakers|
|Cheapest Turntables||$||N/A||Save Some Money with These Cheap Turntables|
|Convert Vinyl to CD||$ - $$$||N/A||Learn How to Convert Your Vinyl Collection to CD|
|DJ Controllers for Beginners||$ - $$$||N/A||DJ Controllers That Beginners Might Like|
|DJ Controller Buying Guide||$ - $$$||N/A||Ultimate DJ Controlling Buying Guide|
|Record Player Buying Guide||$ - $$$||N/A||In-Depth Turntable Buying Guide for Beginners|
|Suitcase Record Players||$||N/A||Record Players Designed as Portable Suitcases|
|Vintage vs New Turntables||$ - $$$||N/A||Should You Buy a Vintage or a New Turntable?|
|Where to Buy Record Players||N/A||N/A||Discover Where to Buy Record Players|